Thursday, June 23, 2011

Art of Recovery Kickoff

Earlier this evening, I attended the launch celebration for
"The Art of Recovery," a collaboration between the New Hampshire Art Association and the Seacoast Mental Health Center (Portsmouth, NH). The artist volunteers will be working with SMHC patients clients to provide them with fun, unique outlet to celebrate art and their own personal recoveries. The resultant artwork will be displayed and sold at the May 2012 Art of Recovery Event and Auction.

I was appreciative for the first opportunity to display my work in more than a year and enjoyed meeting artists, sponsors, and Center employees. Thanks also to the Portsmouth Gas Co. Restaurant for hosting the shindig: the appetizers were yummy!

I look forward to meeting the Center client with whom I'll be paired. I also wish all the participants a meaningful and mutually beneficial experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment