Thursday, February 9, 2012

Contest News: Buddhist Library Photo Contest Finalist

This morning, I received notification that one of my photographs has been accepted as a finalist in the Buddhist Library's (Singapore) 30th Anniversary Photo Competition. (It is unavoidably anachronistic to use the words "Buddhist" and "competition" in the same sentence.) As a 2011 finalist, my image is now in consideration for the Grand Finale, to be held later this year.

The contest organizers inform me that this is the first time that a U.S. citizen has entered the competition. As a relatively new practitioner (of both Buddhism and photography), it's daunting to have this distinction.

All 2001 Finalist images can be seen here.

Here's the image the Library selected from the five images I submitted:



(Ironically, it's a close-up of a mass-produced resin Buddha statute imported from Asia and purchased at Home Goods!)

All of my submissions may be viewed here.


Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I've loved your work -- in all your careers! -- for a long time. This is a well-deserved honor. Congratulations!!!

    Now the editor in me has to let you know that you need "2011" instead of "2001" in the third graph :-)

    ReplyDelete