Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Pickup Artist

Drop-offs and pickups are one of the more mundane tasks associated with being an artist who showcases her work in area venues.

Yesterday, I transferred my two pieces from the NH Art Association's juried Parfitt show over to the Association's Small Works Gallery.

I also delivered two new pieces to the Association's main gallery for its newest show, entitled "Views of the World Through the Artists' Eye."







I arrived close to the end of the day, so several other pieces -- in a variety of media -- had already been delivered by this time. Even though it's a non-juried member show, all members must be juried into the Association. As such, the overall quality of the show promises to be quite high.

I encourage you to attend the opening reception for "Views of the World Through the Artists' Eye" on Friday, October 7, 2011 from 5-8PM. The show runs through the last weekend of October.

Today is the last day to see "the Vision and the Word at Exeter Town Hall. My husband Darren and I both have pieces in the show, as do several WCA-NH members. I especially encourage you to see the assemblages by Linda Aronson, who runs an antiques shop just a few doors down from Town Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment